15 April 2008

Mac questions to no one in particular

Will questions to the world on Mac issues elicit any responses ?

  1. iPhoto 6 is starting to show more and more duplicates.  This is a gripe I have with iPhoto; I'm losing memory space as iPhoto generates duplicate images sometimes predictably (originals are never changed; a modified version is created) and sometimes unpredictably (I backed up some photo's recently to DVD and now seem to have created quite a few duplicates, huh ?).
    (So Paul; define what a duplicate is; it doesn't necessarily have the same name or file extension but does contain the same image information ?).

    With nearly 10.000 photo's; how do I clean up the duplicates ?
    I've looked at "Duplicate Annihilator", "iPhoto Diet" and "iPhoto Library Manager".  The first two don't seem to be completely safe or effective (judging by various comments & reviews), the second is old and the last doesn't seem to have dedicated functionality to remove duplicates (?).

    Maybe I should just wait till Picasa for Mac comes along .. although Apple related rumours are a dime a dozen.

  2. Apple Dictionary is absolutely great; lookup any word you see, on the fly. But is there a way to search within the definitions of the thousands of words ? It would be really handy when you can't (like me) exactly remember the word but do know it's meaning. (A reverse lookup ... googling hasn't lead me to any results).

The reward to any positive replies will be an honorable mention in a later post !

No comments: