15 March 2011

Spot the difference

As it was such lovely weather yesterday, I just had to get out in the garden and move earth. Here's the result.
Before
After
Spot the difference (and no, I don't mean my gloves, shovel, bucket or 2 orange cricket stumps).

Yes, I moved the flowering shrub to a position where it has more place to grow. Unfortunately, I still haven't found out the name of it yet - help! - but I'm thinking along the lines of an Azalea (or another deciduous subspecies of the Rhodendron family (subgenus Pentanthera ?)). I'll have to place some close-ups of it so you can help me discover what it is.

Anyhoo .. it was quite a job as with a sizeable clout it weighs a tonne. But thanks to Timothy & Sebastian we got it over, fertilized the hole we'd (I'd) dug for it and soaked the ground underneath and around it. So now it has room to grow -- when it was next to the path, I had to keep pruning it, because it kept blocking the path and the apple tree.
(Of course, it's a bit of a risk to move a plant when it's flowering, but hey, it was a job that had  to be done -- and my green fingers work magic (I hope)).

No comments: